eHealth platform which aims to address pain problems that end user today have such as Admission formalities, Centralised Medical History, Easier appointments, etc by bringing the medical institutions & representatives closer .This provides greater benefits from both standpoint and also results in lot of time saving ,right & quicker diagnosis the problems that customer is facing. It is being envisioned as Digital Solution (Web & Mobile). HL7 & HIPAA Compliance has been adopted during the development of this application.
eHealth connects Hospital and service providers ( pharmacies , emergency care vehicles providers, Diagnostics labs etc ), nurses, physicians, administrators and patients in one platform to keeping informed and up to date.
eHealth includes various modules .
- Disease Management.
- Medication & Medication Equivalence.
- Drug & Drug Variants.
- Blood donation and Blood Request.
- Diagnostic & amp; Test 6. Request Management.
- Request Management.
- Directory List.
- Service Providers.
- Treatments & amp; Types.
- Price Comparison.
- Social Forum Discussion.
- Social Post.
- Patient Health Card.
- Pharmacy Management.
- Dashboards for Hospitals, pharmacy, service providers, doctors and patients.
eHealth platform is defined using Rest Services SOA based architectural model which is proven these days in large scale implementations. Each of the key architecture decision aspect will be covered in the following section along with implementation recommendations. All layers have been built on fully open source Technologies.
- Jersey Rest Services.
- All core services are developed using Jersey JAX-RS Rest Services Framework.
- Angular JS- Angular Material.
- eHealth platform demands basic data rules to be defined by business user through admin console .These rules will passed over from back end during respective entity lookup(s). Hence robust framework at the client side is required. In fact it’s important to have the client side framework based on MVV(Model-View-View) architecture as it reduces boiler plate code.
- Spring Security with Auth 2.0: eHealth uses spring Security with Auth 2.0 implemented. OAuth 2 is an authorization framework that enables applications to obtain limited access to user accounts on an HTTP service. It works by delegating user authentication to the service that hosts the user account. OAuth 2 provides authorization flows for web and and mobile devices.
- Messaging Framework: eHealth uses Rabbit MQ with SendGrid integration for messaging and Notification Services.
- Persistence Framework: eHealth uses Hibernate for ORM. Hibernate provides all O/R benefits. (Productivity, Maintainability, Portability).
- MySQL is being chosen as transactional relationship data store and should be used only for transactional entities such as User/Medical Info/Payment/etc.